My bump is finally bigger than my butt, so that's fun. The bigger the bump gets, the harder it becomes to do things all you unpregnant (spell check wanted me to change this word to "repugnant". ha.) people take for granted, like put lotion on my legs, tie my sneakers, and do the dishes. I start off each day feeling great, but by the end of the day I find myself very uncomfortable. Just, you know...uggghhhhh. Walking around with a watermelon squished between my organs is not the most pleasant thing I've ever done. And I'd really rather just stay lying down all the time because every time I stand up I have to pee again. Also, I am hot. Because I have shweaty (when you are done reading this, go watch this video). I am very grateful that I work in an air conditioned building, drive home in an air conditioned car, go into an air conditioned house, float around in a pool, then sleep under a high speed fan. Even with all those things I am mostly sweating all the time so I can't imagine how Laura Ingalls Wilder survived being pregnant on the prairie in a covered wagon or whatever.
So I started making up my own pool workouts, because as you learned above, being outside of the pool is too sweaty. I was actually considering making my own pregnant-lady-pool-workout-video (it would be called something like Pool Movements for Pregnancy or Pool Pilates by Sarah or even just Pregnant Lady Pool Time) but then I realized that I actually hope no one is watching me and my pool workouts because if I was watching me I would probably have a fit of hysterical laughter. If anyone is watching, all I have to say is I'm pregnant, so don't you judge me and what I'm sure are graceful, swan-like arm movements! I'm like a beautiful, beautiful gazelle person.
Oh, so also I started going to the chiropractor because I guess I am getting sciatica. I knew I wasn't going to just skate by in pregnancy dream land without any bad things happening to me (like morning sickness or heartburn or stretch marks or weird cravings), so sciatica is my pregnancy trauma. Going to the chiro has seemed to make it much better, I'm not getting shooting pains down my leg like I was and sitting is more comfortable. So, that's happening.
On a more positive note, the reason my bump is getting bigger is because Baby Ev is getting bigger (it's science) and this is now even more realized because I can feel her, like, with my hands outside my belly, more and more frequently. Sometimes it's her head (or is it her little butt?), or what seems to be an arm, or her back. It's so fun! She is a stubborn little lady though (isn't that a surprise!) because she just won't move or make herself feel-able when other people are around. Le sigh.
In the space of 15 minutes this morning, between my cube and the bathroom (which is really not all that far), I repeated the same information about myself and my unborn child three. times. So it's not really that I'm mad about it, or even that irritated, I love that people are interested in my pregnant belly and would prefer people asking about it than completely ignoring it. But I feel like I am going to start getting irritated soon and that there should really be a more streamlined way of getting out all this information. The only way to really accomplish this would be to either have a companion robot do all the talking for me, walk around with a sign pinned to my belly, or ignore people. The first just isn't practical, and the last is just rude. So this leaves me with the belly sign. Here is what it would say:
It's a girl.
She is due September 28th.
Yes, we are so excited!
Her name is Evelyn Mae.
No, the nursery isn't done yet.
She'll be born at the Bryn Mawr Birth Center.
Yes, it's going by so fast.
I'm not "all belly", but that's nice of you to say. I used to look like this:
The most interesting question that people ask is "Are you excited?" and of course I always respond with "yes, we are so excited!" (as per my belly sign). But what if one day I answered back "no, I am pretty much super angry about the whole thing". Oh the shock and horror! The question-asker is not looking for me to be bummed, they are looking for me to respond that I am, indeed, excited. So. If you already knew the answer to the question you were going to ask...I'm just like, wondering ,why did you ask? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment