A. Besides being comfy to wear when a kid is literally poking around inside your internal organs, they have not one pocket between them! And know what I miss? Having pockets. I don't have anywhere to clip my office badge. I don't have anywhere to stuff loose change when I buy an egg burrito at wawa (these have changed my life by the way, they can change yours too if you only let them). I drop my phone more often because I have to carry it around instead of putting it in a pocket. Alas, being pocketless! Pregnancy is fraught with travesties such as this.
In addition, I recently have become moderately perturbed by the lack of pregnant lady parking spaces. I don't feel quite right about parking in the "for people with children" spots because I'm only carrying a child in my stomach (only, ha) and not in a car seat. But I also don't really think it's fair that I should have to park all the way at the back of the Wegmans parking lot when clearly I should be given first priority over the skinny lady who undoubtedly runs a six minute mile, and the overweight man who obviously needs exercise more than I do. I am literally growing a human so really, I deserve to have whatever I want, including front row parking. It's not like I'm asking for a valet or anything. I will add this to the list of "Things Wegmans Has Done Wrong", which so far only contains one other bullet point regarding their bland tostito chips. It's really hard to fault that place.
My baby shower was this weekend and it was adorably lovely! Of course I expected nothing less from my little mermaid, Ariel, and her minions, my mother in law Tammy, my own mother, and the phenomenon we call Terry Haas. And I got to again buy and wear a super fun dress so no big deal.The shower was in Tammy's back yard, which makes the shower more adorbs because this is also where we had our wedding reception. And my niece Maggie stood by and helped me with my gifts, just like she did at my bridal shower. Add to all of this gobs of baby girl stuff, and you can imagine that it was cute overload for two hours. Plus, copious amounts of cake.
Here is a picture of Maggie and I opening gifts at both my baby shower and my bridal shower, because I thought the 5 of you reading this would be interested.


No comments:
Post a Comment