Tuesday, April 30, 2013

18ish Weeks

Some things that have happened in the last couple weeks:

-- I bought maternity pants. They looked so ugly on the rack and I felt really bad for myself. But then I put them on and was all "is this real life?!" Whoever invented maternity pants should win a tropical vacation and then be given a medal.

--My belly is poppin! I feel a little more like a cute pregnant lady instead of a fatty mcgoo every day. I'm still waiting anxiously for the return of summer so I can start wearing my summer dresses and quit it with the damn pants. It's sooo close to being summer but it's like the weather knows I am pregnant and is just being a big jerk about it.

--I am loving myself some sugar snap peas and berries. I am sticking my nose up at chicken, I don't know why. It smells weird and I don't want to put it in my mouth. I don't feel nauseous over it or anything, just have no desire to eat it. Like, if someone made me chicken for dinner, I would eat it but I wouldn't be excited about it. Now steak, on the other hand, gimme some of that! Also, to the overweight midwife who told me last month that she didn't want to see me "gain another 7 lbs by next time" - I have only gained 2.4 lbs. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

--Michael did yoga with me the other night. I repeat, Michael did yoga with me. No, your eyes do not deceive you, and yes, this is a true story. He is apparently an incredibly unflexible person, but he really enjoyed it and wants to keep doing it. So that will be something nice for us to do together.


No comments:

Post a Comment