Thursday, April 18, 2013

16ish weeks

Here is a list of things about my pregnant life:

1. I never got sick or nauseous. No weird food smells or sights have affected me in the slightest. (Affected? Effected? I always mix them up)

2. I was exhausted all the time February - March. Like, I felt like a zombie and couldn't wait to get back to being a normal person but then I would think "what if I am never my version of normal ever again?" and then I would start sobbing.

3. Speaking of sobbing, I had super interesting (not) emotional rollercoasters! Yay! These seem to have mostly subsided for the time being but were pretty bad from February - March. Fortunately for the rest of the world I can usually differentiate between utter nonsense and true feelings so I kept a lot of my utter nonsense inside. Once my rollercoasters straightened out I am very glad I kept the nonsense in! I have a dark feeling that these ups and downs will come and go for the next 6 months-ish, so I hope Michael remains prepared.

4. As of like two weeks ago, my butt hurts. Like, my tailboneish area. Apparently this is normal. It usually begins when I get into my car on my way home from work and the rest of the night on. I'm sure all the sitting in my office chair doesn't help and it hurts later in the afternoon because I have been sitting most of the day. I need to start learning to wear flats so I can just start taking walks around the building throughout the day. But heels are so much better! Le sigh.

5. My nose has been getting snottier. Not to where I feel like I have a cold or am waking up and my mouth is dry because I couldn't breathe through my nose all night. But a few times during the day, I have to blow it because it's getting all mucousy up in there. And this is probably the least gross thing that is going to happen to me!

6. I gained a lot of weight due to my inability to have self control and my great delight in having an excuse to indulge in mcdonalds french fries, ice cream, tostitos and sour cream, soda, and gummy worms - to name a few. I also ceased to exercise because I was so tired. If I exercised in the morning, all my energy was gone by noon. If I waited until I got home from work to exercise, I was too exhausted to do anything about it. And then there was a good period of time (which may still be occurring but I am working on it) where I wasn't sure whether I was truly tired or just being lazy. And THEN I realized I had gained 10-15 lbs (depending on if I stepped on the scale in the morning or afternoon, because I don't think afternoon weigh-in times are fair) and so now I am back on the healthy-eating-working-out-wagon. It is shocking to me how quickly you lose strength and ability. I was doing like 30-40 pushups easy back in December, and was super happy because I had finally been cool with holding a plank for a full minute (these were great feats for me). Now I'm happy to not be wobbling around by the 20th pushup, and have to rest after 15 seconds of planking. Le sigh. I just keep reminding myself that post baby I can work back to where I was last year. As long as I am healthy and fit for the baby, that's what's important. Which is all well and good but I sure do miss my 2012 Summer Arms.

7. I determined that sushi, soft cheese, undercooked eggs, deli meat, and a random glass of slowly drunk wine are not going to harm either myself or my baby. I have a better chance of getting into a car accident tomorrow than I do of getting salmonella poisoning from the eating an over-easy egg every now and then. Also, you can't even buy unpasteurized cheese at any grocery store near me so I am clearly in no danger there. Though, there is a large debate on whether there even is any danger so, whatever. I am learning a LOT about food lately. And while knowing a great many things, it remains very difficult for me to bring myself to consume whole wheat bread. IT'S JUST SO ICKY! I need to hop on board these uber-health trains soon though, because I want my kids to be on them so I better get used to it now. Ugh, wheat bread, gross.

8. My favorite workout dvd is Suzanne Bowers Slim & Toned Prenatal Workout. It's Barre for pregnant ladies and I LOVE IT. There are like 5 ten minute segments so you can do however many at once that you want to. It makes me feel so strong and so skinny and the first time I did the video, I cried (stop laughing) at the end because I felt so good about myself. I think I'm going to order her "Long and Lean Prenatal Workout" vid as well - apparently it is pilates which I would LOVE to do. Ok yeah, I'm going to go order it right now.

9. Originally I was overwhelmed by the amount of baby things I needed and the amount of baby things available. Like, how does one ever decide which stroller they want?! And I am the kind of person that must know ALL options, then compare, then read reviews, then select a top five, then compare, then think about it for a while, then research more to make sure I didn't miss anything - omg, it could take me forever. So as you can imagine I was initially very put off by the idea of having to pick an overwhelming amount of things out. Recently, the tide has turned and I have found myself enjoying the process of browsing the internet for favorite baby things and determining what's my favorite and adding it to my registry. I still have SO MANY THINGS to decide on, but since it's turned into a fun project I'm really having fun with it. Oh, and I picked a stroller - it's made by Jeep, no big deal.

10. I love Candy Crush. The end.









1 comment:

  1. If you buy pasture raised eggs the chance of salmonella is even less. I'm a sunnyside up egg person myself. That tailbone thing happened to me with my second, but not with my first. It was actually one of the most annoying early pregnancy symptoms.

    ReplyDelete