Here we are, 14 weeks at Easter! Please note, I said "we". I felt really happy after this picture. I had a meltdown the day before about how gross I was feeling and Michael was really nice and supportive to me about it. It helped but I still felt fat and terrible. But then we took this picture and it made me feel like a cute pregnant lady for a minute, which is all I have ever hoped to be. Ugh, I read this one article yesterday where this woman talked about how she only gained 29 lbs while she was pregnant and lost them all in 4 weeks and how she stuck to being healthy the whole 9 months and didn't use pregnancy as an excuse to eat cheeseburgers and lay on the couch. I hate her and her horrid self control.
I'm getting more excited lately. It's starting to feel more real every day, which is both terrifying and delightful all at once. In ~6 weeks we will have our one and only ultrasound and see the lil' bean. Hopefully it will be in a good position so we can start referencing a name instead of "it". I was telling my mom this morning, I feel kind of gypped because everyone else is posting ultrasound pictures on facebook and I don't have any and it kind of bums me out. But it's one of those things that I feel strongly about and I'm glad that we have chosen to do only the 20 week ultrasound but STILL - having a picture makes it all that much more real. But I certainly am not going to take risks I don't believe in just for the sake of having a picture. How lame would I be? Oh well. I guess this just means that our one and only picture will be one hundred times more thrilling than everyone else's! Muuuhaha
In other news, I have been reading a plethora of information lately. All the articles get messaged to my mom and I never save them anywhere else. So I am going to save them here for future references and for my future pregnant friends to read.
#1.
Because it's hilarious, "I'm Pregnant and I know It"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyKMGipbevE
#2
'Bringing Up Bebe': Are the French — and Everyone Else — Better Than Americans at Parenting?
http://www.everydayhealth.com/kids-health/bringing-up-bebe-are-the-french-and-everyone-else-better-than-americans-at-parenting.aspx
#3
"Strollers, Baby Carriers, and Infant Stress"
The conclusion to this rather lengthy but very informative article is, "Laying babies flat on their backs in a stroller is actually not easier on their necks, spines, hips, or their minds. Nature intended for babies to be carried. Upright positioning with proper leg support is the preferable position for your infant and is gentle enough not to physically stress even tiny three pound babies. Parents should trust their hearts. By holding baby close, in arms or assisted by a carrier, parents will not only be choosing the most beneficial and physically supportive method of bringing baby along, but will be providing the optimal environment for baby’s psychological and emotional growth as well."
http://www.bobafamily.com/research/strollers-baby-carriers-and-infant-stress/
#4
Eating sushi...because it's not hurting anyone
http://www.babymed.com/food-and-nutrition/how-safe-it-eat-sushi-or-raw-fish-during-pregnancy
#5
In relation to the article above, The Six Biggest Pregnancy Myths
http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/six-biggest-pregnancy-myths/
#6
Exercise During Pregnancy (thanks to my darling Julia for this gem)
http://exerciseismedicine.org/pdfs/c36pregnancy.pdf
#7
"Scientists Discover Childrens Cells Living in Mothers Brains"
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=scientists-discover-childrens-cells-living-in-mothers-brain&page=2
and, "Your Cells Are My Cells"
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=your-cells-are-my-cells
No comments:
Post a Comment