I thought I was over the "I'm so exhausted that I feel like a zombie" phase, but I'm not. As I write this, I struggle to keep my eyes open. But I'm at work, it's the lunch hour, and I am eating pumpkin ravioli and strawberries and almonds trying to stay awake. A woman today told me that she was exhausted the whole time through both of her pregnancies. I hope that this is not my fate as well - how will I ever get anything done! As it stands now, I can only make it through one store before I have to go home for a nap. I can't hit Target and Wegmans all in one afternoon, I have to do them on separate days, or go back and forth between them and my bed. Oh well, at least I never got sick, and for this I am grateful amen hallelujah.
I have had two realizations since sharing our exciting news.
#1. I think I can write what I'm about to without being offensive because if you have ever had something important happen in your life that has also happened to a vast number of other people (for example, getting married), you will completely understand what I'm going to say and not be offended. Everyone has what they think is really, really, really good advice. And it's so good that, even though I have been alive for 29 years and spent the last three months reading everything regarding pregnancy that I can get my pink fingertips on, I have probably never, ever heard this great advice before. Of course, intentions by said important-advice-givers are noble and worthy so I smile and nod and graciously accept the sage words of wisdom that I obviously have never, ever, heard before. Now, it's not that I don't want any advice. It's just I'd prefer advice that I probably don't already know and in the quick version - don't go on for like, ten minutes, because if it goes on too long I'll get tired of pretending that I've never heard all of this before and turn into a sass mouth. This is all probably very rude of me to say but honestly, some of the things some people have said to me, I'm all like reallllllyyyyy....
#2. I am now part of an exclusive club. A club which I was always vaguely aware of but never put any thought into. It's called "The Mom Club". I am now a member. Still very new, but an accepted, honest to goodness, real life belonger-to-the-club-er. I had no idea this was such an important club until I found out I had joined. At work, I'm no longer some person walking down the hall who's age is questionable and who's life is so very, very different. Now, I'm a mom walking down the hall who's obviously old enough to have children and who has many things in common with the vast majority of women that come into contact with me. It's kinda neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment