Here comes the baby!
Also, we heard the little thing's (I need to start coming up with better gender-neutral nicknames) heartbeat for the first time last week! We didn't cry, just laughed and got really excited. It was like the final confirmation needed that I am not just getting tubby, there's actually a baby in there. Michael recorded it so we listen to it every now and then for a giggle. Tot adorbs!
I have not taken up nesting yet, though we have finally gotten a huge project accomplished - getting our hardwood floors redone! Dining room will be completed tonight then 2 weekends from now the guestroom - which in future will be called "babyroom", but I'm still having a hard time saying that without it sounding hysterical. I have also written a list of a plethora of things I want to accomplish before the baby comes but...haven't started anything. Especially since on the list of things to do is "finish projects we already started". For example, the bathroom, which has been waiting on finishing touches for a year and half. Le sigh!
I have, of course, pinned a copious amount of babythings, mostly onesies that say hilarious things, and browsed the baby section at target - largely in an attempt to figure out the difference between all the strollers. I don't get it. So I'm having fun looking but usually just get overwhelmed at the amount of things and end up moving on to the shoe aisle.
In memory of my younger MySpace years, here's a questionnaire!
1. Was your pregnancy planned?
In as much as you can plan pregnancy, yes, we were trying for it!
2. Were you married at the time?
Obvs! We will be married for 3 years by the time my little minion arrives. And I mean minion in the most endearing way possible, like the Despicable Me adorable way.
3. What was your reaction?
I thought the test was going to say no, and I was only taking it so I could drink wine that week without wondering if I should. Bye wine!
4. How old were you?
29. So, if the baby comes early (which I obviously hope it doesn't but you never know), then I will have a baby by the time I'm 30 and old. I highly doubt this will happen though so even though I always said I didn't want it to be that way...I will be an old mom. Waaaaah!
5. Who did you tell first?
Michael, duh! Then we called my parents, then told his parents, then told Julia and Paolo, then told Davis and Ariel. And that was it for a while. The secret can finally be an un-secret now, hurrah!
6. Do you want to find out the sex of the baby?
I never thought I would want to, but now that it's actually happening I totally need to know. I mean, how else will I know if I should decorate the baby room in Star Wars theme or Princess theme? Hello, duh. Most people have dibs on it being a girl, including myself. Michael wants a boy but thinks it will be a girl as well. We shall see!
7. Due date?
Sept 28
8. Did you have morning sickness?
No, I never did! Look how good I am at being pregnant, gosh
9. What do you crave?
Nothing right now. But I mean, whenever I want something, like a shamrock shake, I blame it on the baby. Baby, you are making me super fat.
10. What is irritating you the most?
That it takes me forever to get dressed for work every day because I am quickly running out of things that fit me. Summer and dresses are so close, soooo close...
11. How much do you think your child will weigh?
8 lbs and some change. Because I am and will eat lots of protein!
12. What date do you think your baby will be born?
I feel like it's going to be late. I'm going to guess Oct 5. Because that's Midtown Fall Festival Day, which is basically a holiday, and if I'm going to skip it then it might as well be for a good reason!
13. How many weeks pregnant are you today?
Twelve!
14. Has anyone touched your belly yet?
Ugh, yes. It's just fat right now people, let's leave it alone, and preferably continue to do so. It makes me cringe thinking about it.
There were a lot of other questions in that survey but in typical fashion, most of them were ridiculous so I deleted them. You. are. welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment