Today I am six weeks and four days along. But I mean, psh, who's counting?
I have yet to be ill or feel ill. I wake up every morning terrified that today will be the day and so far it has not been. I hate throwing up with every particle of my being and do everything in my power to always avoid it. I am crossing my fingers that I will be one of the lucky 50% of women who do not get sick. Apparently when my cousin Karen was pregnant, she also thought the first trimester illness had skipped her by, but it just ended up happening later rather than sooner. Ohhhhhhh please not me!
Also, I'm sorry, I know I make fun of all the pregnant internet women who feel the need to expound upon the ridiculous dreams they are having but let me just tell you that last night I dreamed that Tom Colicchio and Jen from Top Chef were seeing eachother but then Tom was cheating on her and I was like "Jen, aren't you mad?" and she was like "well I mean we aren't technically dating so I can't really be mad" and I was like all "wow, you are taking this really well" and then Tom made us sushi out of pureed arugula. I know, who wouldn't want Tom Colicchio cooking for them? And I was like "Tom, this is brilliant of you since I am pregnant and can't eat sushi with raw fish in it!" My unconscious mind is literally writing novels these days. The other day I woke up and I was dreaming a really intricate mystery story and I tried so hard to go back to sleep because I just wanted to know what happened. Maybe all of this means my unborn child is destined to be a famous author. One can only hope.
This past weekend we had a superbowl party and it literally EXHAUSTED me. I was cooking and cleaning all day and then trying to be smiley and perky and a good hostess for six hours and then ended up passing out on the couch with a puppy on my chest at 9:30. While everyone was still in my living room. Oh well. At any rate, no more party throwing for me a few months, I really can't do it and I really shouldn't be doing it. I am realizing that I should take as much I am normally capable of doing and cut it in half. I am growing a baby for gosh sakes, obviously I have every reason to be exhausted and every reason to take it easy.
Anyways. We were going to tell the news to a bunch of people that came over for the party because I was like "Michael, it's going to be so obvious when I'm not drinking". But it never really became obvious as I just kept a glass of ice and ginger ale on me at all times. Plus, the right time never really came up. All in all, I ended up being really glad we didn't say anything because once we start telling some people we have to tell everyone and it makes me tired just thinking about all the phone calls I will have to make. So, glad we kept our mouths shut.
Today I found out that a friend of mine is pregnant! Her mom told my mom and my mom told me. I am quite sure I am certainly not supposed to know she is pregnant but I am glad to have someone else to pregnant with! So I texted her my news and I'm super excited to have someone to share it with. And since hers is still a secret we are probably expecting right around the same time. Hurrah!
In other news, I certainly hope my future kid loves B.I.G. like this one does!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7_0SOTQLIQ&feature=youtu.be
No comments:
Post a Comment