In other news, Michael and I had a nice weekend. I booked us a surprise Valentines Day weekend getaway time - before I knew I was pregnant so it ended up being a Valentines/Babymoon time. I was worried it was going to be a little boring and that Michael wouldn't like
it but I took a nap in the car on the way there so I was all chipper when we
arrived at our room that was SO ADORBS - it was decorated full on victorian antique
theme with all kinds of knick knacks that I greatly appreciated. They were also
all completely free of dust, which I found to be nice and was also in awe of. I
can't imagine dusting all the things in that one room. Also, the place had a
horse, a donkey, a pony, and a goat. We petted them. Then we went to a truffle
making thing.
So we get to the truffle making jam and discover that I have actually made a
reservation for Friday night instead of Saturday (this was immediately blamed on the baby). But another couple has not
shown up so they had us wait fifteen minutes and then let us go in since the other
people didn't show. Everyone had chocolate name tags and the people who didn't
show were Chad and Jen. Chad and Jen's receipt was waiting next to their name
tags and GUESS WHAT, they had reserved their spot for Friday night as well! It
was hilarious. And also, embarassing, because the lady in charge told everyone in the class how I booked the wrong night. Oh well. So then we called eachother Chad and Jen
the rest of the night and that was funny. Then we went to a nice dinner where I
had duck confit and it was delicious. When we got back to the B&B it was
like 9:30 and michael was like "i didnt know this was going to happen...but I'm
really tired" and I was like PHEW! Then we relaxed in the
marvelous jacuzzi tub and fell asleep early and woke up slowly and were given
homemade waffles with fruit for breakfast and it was really all very nice. The waffles were delightful, but I have stay I was really hoping against hope that I was going to enter the dining room and find piles of bread and cheese and fruit, ala Portugal breakfast. Oh well.
Still no sign of nausea or vomiting. I have not had any weird food cravings or felt like my nose is working any better than it usually does. I have always been one with a keen sense of smell and I don't feel like it has improved any. I was really wishing for coconut fried shrimp the other day, but I bet I saw it on a commercial or something and was just hungry and thought it sounded good. Well now I'm thinking about it again...know who makes the best coconut fried shrimp? Bahama Breeze. Ahhhh I love all their food. Maybe I will go there next week and gorge myself on shrimp and empanadas and fish tacos and some kind of fancy drink that says "virgin" at the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment