Thursday, May 23, 2013

21ish Weeks

We are having.....a baby girl!!!


As much as I may question the medical necessity and post-effects of ultrasounds on babies, it was really a beautiful, amazing experience to see our little girl for the first time. She appears to be happy and healthy, with all 10 fingers and all 10 toes and a strong heart beat. I am told she weighs just about 15 oz, which is apparently also perfect. Time to go buy up all the tutus in town, as this is all I plan to dress her in. 


Her kicking and dancing and bouncing is getting stronger every day, and yesterday Michael was finally able to feel her moving. I love calling the baby "her", it's so fun! In other news, I am sick again. This is the second time since being pregnant and I am not happy about it. Being sick this often is not something that I do and I am very frustrated by it. This time around, I have a horrible chest cold. I have been trying to decide which is worse, sore throat and chest conjestion or stuffy nose and plugged ears. I feel each have their own tragedies and so I cannot pick. I went to the doctor to make sure I didn't have strep throat and also to hopefully whine enough that she would give me medicine but, alas, she told me I did not have strep and to go home and drink water, sleep, and gargle with salt water. Le sigh. The reason I go to this particular doctor is because she does not prescribe medicine for my every complaint but seriously, wah. I really wanted some drugs. 

Also, baby gal pal and I took a road trip to Vermont with my sister Hannah and my brothers girlfriend for Judahs high school graduation and birthday time. It was a very nice weekend - only Joshua had seen my baby belly in person so it was fun having everyone get to see it. And super fun going through old baby clothes with my mom and geeking out with her over adorable things on my baby registries!  BUT I have to say, that is probably the only time I am driving up to Vermont again until after the baby comes. Sitting for 6 hours in a car with a baby stuffed inside of me is not the most fun thing I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment