Tuesday, January 22, 2013
1.22.13. In which I am pregnant. Wait, what??
It's true. I am carrying around a little person that currently weighs 1/10 of an ounce. I am a GEEK OUT FREAK OUT LADY!!!!
So I was two days late this month and I have had lots of great pregnancy symptoms (and/or period symptoms, as we know). My poor boobies are sore and popping out of my bras, and the last week or so I have been farting up a storm. Ew I know. But I feel sure far grosser things are going to happen to me in the next year though so whatevs. Also the last 5 days or so I've been getting up in the middle of the night to pee, which is mostly unusual for me but I tried not to make it into a big deal. And the last couple of weeks I've been having just fantastic mood swings and getting super irked at Michael over lame things. Pregnant or period? You decide.
So this morning I was like "instead of waiting all week and wondering if I can have a beer or not, I'm just going to take the test". Michael was sleeping, I took it, went and made coffee, came back and said "holy shit!" because, in black and white, the thingey said "YES+". I almost died. I really thought it was going to be a no, as we have been disappointed greatly the last few months. So I woke Michael up with the surprise, which certainly took him some time to react to, as I woke him from his slumber. For his initial lack of enthusiasm, I forgive him.
Finding out you're pregnant is kind of like getting engaged. The surprise is great and you're super excited and then 5 minutes go by and you realize the whole thing is super anti-climactic. The only difference being, you can drag the engagement surprise out for as long as you want because you have so many people to tell. I can't tell anyone about being pregnant yet and have to keep this surprise all to myself for what is sure to be an interminable amount of time. Imagine the tragedy I went through talking to my mom for thirty minutes this morning and not being able to tell her. AH.
I was thinking this morning, as you get older time seems to go faster. I feel sure that being pregnant will make time come to a complete standstill. NINE MONTHS? So long.
Wait a minute. I'M GOING TO HAVE A BABY!
Anyways, I will tell myself now so I can reread and remind myself later, with every single day that goes by, with every single pain I have and with every single gross thing that happens to me, I am going to embrace it and by joyful through it all because when it's all over, I'm going to be given the most amazing gift I have ever received. Oh dear. Here come the tears...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment