Thursday, September 12, 2013

37ish Weeks

I am aghast at how long it's been since I have written anything down! Again, it's my problem with having so many things that I decide to just not write anything. A lot of the things I have been thinking about lately are either really sappy or really serious and I feel like my readers prefer humor to emotional pregnant lady thoughts.

Here's some things that have gotten did in the last few weeks:

1. Nursery is DONE. Well, I use the word "done" in the very broadest sense. We are still missing a crib, closet doors, and a couple of wall art pieces. But other than that it's done. Michael built shelves which I LOVE and everything is painted and put together and Tammy and I made curtains which are AMAZE and all the laundry is washed and [mostly] folded. We still have not put together the carseat or the stroller or the bouncy chair or the playyard or any of those things...for one, because I know that the cat is going to adore them and all their cozy glory and for two, I don't really have anywhere to put them until they are actually in use. So I have been holding off as long as possible and I think this weekend is the time to do it. I will be two weeks away! Anything could happen! And probably won't! Everyone is like "gosh you're so huge [thanks for that compliment my peeps] I just know you're going to have that baby early". Having a large belly has literally nothing to do with whether or not your baby comes early. Also, my belly only looks extra large because I am carrying all in front and not on the sides so you people confuse yourselves!

2. I turned 30. Matt and Monica McGuire got married the same day, which I was really happy about because it was a good reason to get out of the house in a fancy dress and eat delightful food (which OMG there were copious amounts of) and be with my friends. After the cutting of the cake, Matt and Monica completely surprised me by bringing out a cake with a candle and having everyone sing happy birthday to me. It was all I could do to not start bawling during the singing. I had already sadly prepared myself to have no one remember to get me a cake or sing to me on my 30th birthday and it was really incredibly special to me that Matt and Monica remembered. I have already had to blow my nose twice since writing this paragraph because I get all weepy thinking about it. It's so funny how sometimes you do something nice for someone without knowing how important and meaningful that act is going to be. This was certainly one of those things.

3. Today is my last day in the office! HU-FREAKIN-ZZAH! I could not be more thrilled and excited. Today was hard for me to get up out of bed and come in because I have no meetings and I was like "wellllll I could just make yesterday my last day there". But I didn't, I put on another tragically overworn and sad outfit and drove all the way in. My life is such a tragedy, I know.

4. My kitty cat turned 9. I have had her for nine YEARS. NINE.

5. Yesterday the ol' belly measured in at 40.5 centimeters. I also tested positive for GBS, which I am not going to go into detail about. It's not really a huge deal but I am kind of sad because it means that every 4 hours during labor I have to get hooked up to an IV for 20 minutes and get antibiotics. Which is the opposite of what I had in mind. But I have determined that I am going to just trust the judgement and experience of my healthcare providers during this experience and go with the flow. It's much better than being anxious about it.


1 comment:

  1. Abby was GBS positive. It was no huge deal because they simply put a lock in place and then hook the IV in every now and then. She was still able to move around the way she wanted to. The one downside is the antibiotics messing up gut flora, but the alternative is scary enough that I guess one simply works on restoring the gut flora later. There are some midwives that use a different protocol to get rid of the GBS, but Abby was comfortable with doing the mainstream thing. Ah, the things you guys have to worry about that we didn't. No one ever tested for GBS when we were having our babies, so we wouldn't know if we had it or not. I do have a friend whose second actually had to be medicated after birth for GBS (she's a senior in high school now and doing fine), so I can see why it's the whole better safe than sorry routine.

    ReplyDelete